Combining color and black and white in a photo image
1. Copy and paste photo below into paint.net
2. Go to effects and select glow. Adjust the settings to your liking.
3. Go to effects and select sharpen. Adjust the setting to your liking.
4. go to Adjustments and raise the contrast.
5. Using the select tool select the region that you want to keep in color and select it.
6. Click out of the picture and select black and white. Your whole picture should be black and white.
7. Then paste. The region you selected should come back in color.
8. Click out of the picture and adjust your contrast. Sharpen to adjust to your liking.